Thursday, March 27, 2014

Radiant Orchid, Corsage HDT, Concinnity projects


Radiant Orchid

Getting my costume ready for Concinnity 2014, using some of my new hand dyed thread in Radiant Orchid. This solid is the Pantone color of the year 2014, and makes a nice accompaniment to my multicolored dye batch, "Corsage". The cool bow tie is for my dear husband to wear - he'll be assisting me at my vendor's table this year. The bow tie was easy to make following the instructions that I found at A Beautiful Mess.

Corsage
I'm tatting a belt (using design from the previous post) to accessorize my black steampunk outfit. I'll also add a plum color "airship jacket" that I purchased on Etsy, and am in the process of tatting a coordinating large flower for my hair.
You can see in the photo below, where I'm posing with a very tall "alien" in a striped suit, the basic black outfit that I'll be wearing. The plum jacket and my Radiant Orchid tatted accessories will really improve it, I think.

In addition to steampunk, Concinnity is sci-fi, gaming, fantasy of all sorts. It is an incredibly fun experience! I'm really looking forward to it, on April 5 at the Milwaukee School of Engineering.

An "alien" buddy from another world, and me!



7 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Sounds fascinating. The accessories will definitely brighten your outfit.

Debbie H said...

Hi Marilee. LOVE your Radiant Orchid!! Will be ordering some next payday. Your outfit changes sound wonderful; please post pix!
Your 'alien' friend is Jack Skeleton, aka "Bone Daddy", from The Nightmare Before Christmas. My husband and kids love that movie!
Have fun...I just wish these conventions were closer to me.
Debbie

Kathy Niklewicz said...

Wow! You really ARE going where no tatter has gone before! (Sorry - couldn't resist!) You're really getting into the spirit of it! (DH has also accompanied me to some Victorian events and even has his own bowler hat!)

I know you'll take pictures!

Madtatter80 said...

I heard that too about this being the color of the year and bought a sweater on clearance for 4.00 yea last year lucky me I am so with the times ha ha

God's Kid said...

Very, very beautiful colors!!!! :)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I'm not sure which I like more... the thread or the bow tie! ;-)

I hope you have a wonderful time!

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful colour, will look wonderful in a corsage for your outfit. Great bow tie.
Good luck with your table, hope you do well with your sales.
Margaret